Friday, January 11, 2008

oasis in a desert of...projects?

well, its been a shitty week, and all ive been doing is concentrating and making our cases for our strategic management subject.
and tonight is my only break. tonight i wanted to chillax. i wanted to do something that i knew would bring me close to bliss...so i went to my sweet haven. the place where i can kick back, relax and watch beautiful people flutter around with chatter like beautiful butterflies in a garden of glass and steel that is: Bo's Coffee Club.

this cozy cafe is in the heart of davao city, and is accesible to anyone quite easily. haha..im sort of a bo's groupie. i used to visit bo's everyday. their staff knows me..and they know me well..

when i come up to the bar, some of them dictate my usual order, asking if ill have the usual: caramello froccino, extra whipped cream (which they give me for free btw), extra saucer , a glass of water and an ashtray.

i usually just nod, when i dont feel adventurous. they know that i love my time-tested formula for relaxation: a cool glass of coffee and some cigars.

tonight though, as i approached the counter with el (my friend and classmate) i felt i needed to order something with less caffeine (since ive had trouble sleeping) and decided to order a green tea freeze instead. i love their green tea freeze.

as i indulged in sensless blabber with my equally senseless friend, mabel, and as i enjoyed the refereshing taste of green tea and ice on my tongue and the minty satisfaction my cigarettes gave off, i remembered something: i have never felt this way in a long time.

i havent felt as relaxed as i was in bo's.

as i asked the guard to purchase some more cigarettes from a nearby store, i remembered why i felll in love with the place.

bo's is great. they treat me like family. they go out of their way to make a connection and to preempt everything i would want. they dont just serve coffee, they give me a blissful oasis in the middle of, not only the bustling metro, but more importantly, bo's gives me an oasis, a safe haven, a place where i could be myself, in the middle of all the confusion in my life.


and that is why i have grown attached to this place. and that is in my own opinion, better than any other coffee experience in davao.

bye bitches!

No comments: